Follow what lights you up and you'll light up the world. - Rebecca Campbell

I'm Jenn, with 2 n's. Mother of a little superhero, wife, coffee obsessed, lover of life, photography, music, healthy living, nature, food. I have a passion for all the beauty in this world & striving to be the best me possible. Here you will find recipe ideas, mom life posts, photos taken by me & anything else that crosses my crazy mind.


Monday, October 31, 2016

Chipotle Sweet Potato Chili

 
 
The recipe calls for:
 
3 sweet potatoes

4 cups chicken broth
1 lb ground meat
1 tbs olive oil
14 oz can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cups cauliflower, chopped
1 tbs garlic, chopped
2 chipotles in adobo, chopped
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprike
salt & pepper to taste

-- Chop and peel the potatoes. Microwave the potatoes with 1 tbs of water for 90 seconds.
-- Cook the ground meat in a pan.
-- Add all ingredients to the crock pot and stir. Cook for 3-4 hours on high.

The picture is showing without any toppings so you can see the main ingredients and what it looks like.  I will admit it doesn't look as good as it tastes, but when I added my toppings and mixed them all up it was the perfect combination.

The toppings I choose were cheddar cheese, cilantro, light sour cream and a few multi-gran quinoa chips broken into pieces. You can use any toppings you like, but the ones I picked really went well together. It is a spicy chili so the little bit of sour cream mixed in really was a good touch and the crunch of the chips added something special as well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment